Open your new consumer checking account by November 22, 2017; follow a few steps, and you could qualify for a $200 bonus.
- Step 1. Open an account – Click to Open an Account
Open an Everyday Checking account online from this page, or, bring an offer code to a participating Wells Fargo branch and open an eligible consumer checking account.
Everyday Checking comes with all the features to make banking convenient and secure, including mobile banking, account alerts and more.
- Step 2. Deposit $25+
Fund your new checking account with at least $25.
- Step 3. Make 10 purchases/payments each month with your new Wells Fargo Debit Card for 3 consecutive months
How to qualify for your $200 checking bonus
- All consumer checking accounts except Teen CheckingSM are eligible for the $200 bonus when opened in a branch. The prepaid Wells Fargo EasyPay® Card is not eligible.
- Everyday Checking is the only eligible account for the offer when opened online.
- You cannot be:
- A current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account
- A Wells Fargo team member
- A recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer)
- Open a new, eligible consumer checking account in a branch or an Everyday Checking account online, with a minimum opening deposit of $25, by November, 22, 2017.
- For 3 consecutive months, make a minimum of 10 purchases/payments per month with your new Wells Fargo Debit Card.
- 10 debit card purchases/payments within first 30 days from account open
- 10 additional debit card purchases/payments within the next 31-60 days from account open
- 10 additional debit card purchases/payments within the next 61-90 days from account open
- The 30 debit card purchases/payments must be from the primary linked consumer checking account opened for this offer.
- Qualifying purchases/payments: Purchases or payments made with your debit card, or debit card number, count as a debit card purchase or payment.
- Non-qualifying purchases/payments: Transactions at an ATM, or purchases/payments made using your checking account number and routing transit number through the Automated Clearing House (ACH), do not count as a debit card purchase or payment.
- Offer subject to change and may be discontinued at any time.
- Offer available only in the following participating locations (branch and online): Atlanta, GA; Charlotte, NC; Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX; Los Angeles-Orange County, CA; Minneapolis, MN; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Sacramento, CA; and San Francisco-Bay Area, CA.
- Offer cannot be:
- Paid without providing a valid U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (W-9)
- Combined with any other consumer deposit offer
- Reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred, or traded
- We will deposit the $200 checking bonus into your new consumer checking account within 45 days after eligibility and qualifications have been met.
- You are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes due on your bonus and we will report as income to the tax authorities if required by applicable law. Consult your tax advisor.
The Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account monthly service fee is $10. The monthly service fee can be avoided with any one of the following each fee period:
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance
- $500 or more in total qualifying direct deposits
- A qualifying direct deposit is a direct deposit of your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular monthly income electronically deposited to this checking account by your employer or an outside agency. Transfers from one account to another, or deposits made at a banking location or ATM, do not qualify as a direct deposit.
- 10 or more posted debit card purchases/payments from this checking account.
- This includes posted debit card purchases or posted debit card payments of bills from this checking account. This does not include transactions at an ATM.
- Included: Debit card purchases include PIN, Signature, Online and Phone purchases that post during the fee period. Debit card payments include one-time and recurring payments of bills made with your debit card that post during the fee period.
- Not Included: Any transaction at an ATM (Wells Fargo or non-Wells Fargo).
- A linked Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card.
There is a $5 monthly service fee discount when the primary account owner is 17-24 years old.